Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Get Up and Enjoy the Day the Alicia Way

Thanks to my lovely sister, Alison for giving me that amazing phrase (the one in my title).  She apparently uses it to get her daughter up in the morning.  I really, really like it!  I'm not a morning person at all!  This morning, however, I woke up at 5:30 and feel pretty wide awake.  I even went to bed really late.


Seemed like a good opportunity to put up a pic of my favorite person, Chloe.


I thought I'd take the opportunity to put down a list of goals to accomplish over the next month.  I have a million things racing through my head and I think it will help to get them down on paper.  A little accountability won't hurt either.  There is something about a list that feels so good when you get to cross something off.

Goals to accomplish before November 1st

  1. Create a new budget to get back on track and debt free
  2. Fix my plumbing issues and/or dish washer so it can be used
  3. Hang my paintings
  4. Frame and hang my brewery posters
  5. Touch up the ceiling in the office and my bedroom (popcorn ceiling suck to tape and make it look really bad at that intersection)
  6. Purchase paint for the main level (I'm leaning towards a cheery, mellow yellow)
  7. Work with Kendra to plan our first Washington blogger meet-up
  8. Organize my crafts
  9. Organize my drawers and cupboards (kitchen, laundry room, and basement)
  10. Get back to jogging or taking a fitness class at least 3 times a week
  11. Sign up for a 5 or 10K
  12. Have an amazing time at my friend, Amy's wedding reception
  13. Clean out my house and donate all items to the Goodwill
That's it and that's all, I can't do anything beyond these 13 items, ha ha.  I do think this list is achievable.  I'm a it nervous about #2.  And I have to focus really hard on #1, since I've done this many times before and want to make sure I do a good job.  I might need to rally some help.

Any advice for creating and maintaining budgets that actually stick?